You guys are probably being inundated with all things pumpkin right now. I know I am! Recipes, commercials, decorations, orange colored everything is everywhere you look. Not to get political on you, but even our president is orange! Coincidence? I think not! Pumpkin this and pumpkin that! I am guilty of adding to this inundation with my Pumpkin Pie Grain-Free Granola but I am not going to apologize for it because this stuff is gee double O dee, good!
Sorry, not sorry because I’m all about embracing the Fall, especially the pumpkin flavored deliciousness. If you are the type of person that loathes this time of year, whether it be the food, the festivities or the chilly fall weather, I feel sad for you. I wish all people felt the joy that this season brings my heart and my belly. Just try this granola recipe and it may change your mind. Embrace the pumpkin people!
Don’t even get me started on the joy that Christmas brings! Thanksgiving is awesome because, gratitude….but it doesn’t come with a soundtrack! Although this awesome attempt at Fall songs with Jimmy Fallon and Pink might be my new favorite thing! I already have my Burl Ives playlist ready and waiting for me. Along with a list of my favorite holiday movies, some movie snack ideas and a warm blanket to cozy up with. Black Friday for some means shopping, or battling others for deals in the wee hours of the morning. For me it means unabashedly diving in to all things Christmas…sights, smells and sounds! Unfortunately, we only get about a month of this delightfulness, which makes fall and the time surrounding Thanksgiving so great!
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. It is not time for visions of sugar plums just yet. We wouldn’t want to rush through this season, so back to pumpkins and pumpkin recipes! Nothing beats a day of recipe testing, especially when those recipes involve my favorite fall flavors. My kitchen, warmed by the oven, currently smells like cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and cloves. I would consider making this recipe everyday just to keep those scents floating through the air. But then I would be left with jars and jars of grain-free granola! That doesn’t seem like a bad idea now that I think about it. Plus, it is the season of giving, so why not make a huge batch of this stuff and share with those you love?
- 2½ cups raw pecans
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup pepitas
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cups flax seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- ½ cup raisins
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼-1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup Vital Proteins Vanilla & Coconut Water Collagen Whey
- 2 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325, use middle rack
- In food processor, pulse walnuts, pecans and macadamia nuts about 30 sec
- Pour mixture in bowl, add pepitas, chia, flax seeds, and shredded coconut
- In small sauce pan melt coconut oil, add maple syrup, collagen powder, pumpkin puree and vanilla
- Add to nut mixture and stir well
- Add salt and cinnamon and stir to combine
- Place an even layer on parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes, stir and bake an additional 10 minutes
- Stir again, increase heat to 350 add raisins and bake for about 5 minutes
- Remove from oven when granola is browned to your perfection
Are you a lover of all things Fall?
To a nourished life,